Literacy @ CHS
Recent progress in developing the literacy of our students:
• August- ‘Read in Reg’ Programme is launched with S1.
• September- Paired Reading begins for S1 students.
• October- National Poetry Day is celebrated in the library. Students from all year groups are involved.
• November- English teachers attend the S1 parent’s information evening and showcase examples of work.
• December- ‘Read in Reg’ book review competition is launched and has excellent uptake.
• January- ‘Read in Reg’ classes will listen to classical literature (Oliver Twist) via audiobook and partake in tasks.
• February- S2 ‘Reading Circle’(during registration) and lunchtime clubs are launched in the school Library.
• March - World Book Day is celebrated across the school.