Skills Development Scotland - Career Information Advice and Guidance
SDS Career Information Advice and Guidance services are evolving to enable us to continue meeting the changing needs of our customers using the range of channels available to us.
Partners continue to be central to the success of our service delivery, ensuring that individuals can get the right support, at the right time and from the right person or organisation to allow them to progress and succeed.
We have launched a campaign to make customers aware of our enhanced online content at My World of Work and helpline services on 0800 917 8000.
These enhanced services are complemented by a fun new career education programme that young people can undertake at home.
• Key CIAG service offers and methods of delivery
We take a person-centred approach, focusing on the specific needs of each individual to assist them in making and taking informed decisions about their next steps, gaining control of what the future may hold for them. Our CIAG teams have the expertise to help navigate the wide and constantly updated range of support on offer.
In adapting and evolving our service offers we are continuing to prioritise our focus on equalities and have undertaken a thorough equalities impact assessment.
Our School Service offer:
Our continued collaboration with school and Local Authority partners will ensure support for these individuals is coordinated to achieve the best outcome for each pupil.
• Continued delivery of entitlements for senior phase targeted pupils, identified through validation of service offers, to receive ongoing 121 support.
• Engagement with Foundation Apprenticeship learners to support their transition to second year or, for those who have completed this year, to explore their options and next steps.
• Engagement with any other pupil with an expected leave date for this year, identified through the Data Hub, to provide transition support and planning for their next steps.
Our Post School service offer:
• Continued delivery of entitlements for Next Steps targeted customers, identified through the Data Hub, to receive ongoing 121 support.
• Engagement with individuals identified as Employability Fund leavers as a result of provision not continuing, to provide transition support and planning for their next steps.
PACE (Partnership for Continuing Employment):
• Continued delivery of support for employers and employees in redundancy situations through the enhanced online PACE service offer delivered through the PACE Partnership.
• For individuals at risk of, or who have been made redundant, the PACE Helpline provides universal access to support during this time.
• Universal support through enhanced digital content and resources on My World of Work as well as access to one-to-one support with SDS advisers through our helpline on 0800 917 8000.
This includes information and advice on support with:
o Finances and employment rights
o Immediate employability and employment opportunities
o Longer term employability, learning and skills provision, employment opportunities and career development.
• Local authority partnerships are enabling the coordination of support to those accessing national or local helplines and services. This includes local authority support signposted on My World of Work and inter-partnership referral approaches to reduce multiple access points for individuals. All age support for individuals whose employment, learning, or career development has been impacted as a result of the pandemic. This includes those who are unemployed, furloughed or in work, as well as pupils and their parents/carers looking for information and advice.
Career Education Curriculum Programme
• Development and delivery of offline and online resources, content and workshops to support pupils, their parents and teachers in accessing career education and career management skills learning activity. This is being undertaken with the awareness of Education Scotland and DYW to ensure alignment with their workstreams and activity. The programme is now available on My World of Work.