CARLUKE HIGH SCHOOL: PUPIL BULLETIN
Please note that the school app which some of our young people are accessing is not from our school, and therefore any messages should be disregarded.
There will be information sent to parents shortly about an app which we will use. In the meantime, please disregard any app claiming to be from our school.
Christmas in Box
• All Christmas boxes this year will be delivered to the community.
• All boxes should be handed in by Wed 11th December to Pupil Support.
• All boxes should be wrapped and have a lid.
• If you want you could use a sticking instead of a box.
• You can complete this task as an individual, in groups or as a class. All registration classes will have at least one box provided to them.
• Boxes can be created for the following categories
Christmas Dinner- remember no fresh/frozen food as it can’t be refrigerated
Box for specific age group- please state when handing in
Remember all boxes collected will contribute towards House points.
If you have any questions please see Miss Eadie.
Cyber Competition for S1-S3 pupils
Good at solving puzzles and clues? Want to take part in a cyber treasure hunt?
Please see Mrs Lindsay, Computing Department, if you would like to get involved, on your own or as part of a team.
Did I mention prizes?
National competition, which a team from Carluke high School could easily win!
SLC Dance Competition
Carluke High School are looking to enter a small dance team into the South Lanarkshire Dance Competition. Any group between S1 and S3 can enter the South Lanarkshire Dance Competition. The competition is at Hamilton Town House on Friday 19th February 2020.
If you want to enter you must show Miss Dorans your group dance (finished or not) on MONDAY 16TH DECEMBER at Lunch in Small Gym.
Candy Cane Kindness 2019
The Design and Technologies Faculty are selling and delivering Candy Canes to raise funds for CHAS and promote Kindness in Carluke High at Christmas. Candy Canes are priced at 50p each and can be purchased by/sent to pupils and staff across the school. The Candy Canes will be delivered during registration on Tuesday 17th December.
CHAS have been offering a support service for babies, children and young people with life-shortening conditions for over twenty years. This includes palliative care, family respite and support to families.
To get involved:
1. Fill in a slip (include - Name of Recipient, Recipient Reg Class, Your Message and Who it’s from.)
2. Return it to Design and Technologies no later 10th December 2018 with your 50p.
3. Get excited for deliveries happening on Tuesday 17th December 2018.
4. Share and tag us on Twitter @CarlukeHEandDT #CarlukeKindness #CHAS
Please note: Any messages that are not school appropriate will not be delivered and your money will automatically be given to the charity.
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy 4 get 1 free
Any questions please speak to Miss Creaney or Miss Cunningham.
Carluke High School Radio
Have you got a favourite music genre, song from the best decade or just a song that you keep on repeat?
Well, we want to hear them.
The Carluke High Radio suggestion box is now in the library and ready to collect your suggestions.
The Wee Sleep Out is only 2 sleeps away - Friday 6 December!
Get your consent form in this week please to book your space on the floor!
Please see Mrs Lindsay is you have any concerns about signing up.
It’s gonna be good!
Wednesday 4th December