RAISING ATTAINMENT AND CLOSING THE GAP AT CARLUKE HIGH SCHOOL
A GUIDE FOR PARENTS AND CARERS
At Carluke High School, we are committed to working together to create inspirational learning opportunities and bright futures for every pupil.
This is the vision that we share across our school.
SCHOOL AIMS AND VALUES
We aim to sustain a happy learning environment by developing character, confidence, courage and kindness.
Pupils have opportunities to grow as young people and to participate in classroom, cross-curricular and extra-curricular activities that allow them to develop these characteristics.
To support everyone in our school to achieve these aims and vision, we promote the values of ambition, optimism and respect.
HELPING PUPILS TO ACHIEVE
We want to let you know what we are going to do to support your child during their time at Carluke High School to achieve their best.
- enable pupils to speak about and recognise their progress
- monitor and track progress for all pupils across all subjects and curriculum areas
- ensure all staff know how pupils are progressing
- support pupils by using a wide range of interventions and strategies
- help pupils to develop study skills
- help you to support your child in their learning
- engage with you on a range of school matters
- listen to pupils, parents/carers and staff to do what is best for every young person in our school
We will do these in a variety of ways, and we will keep you updated via our website, twitter account and parental e-mails.
SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD
We will be holding two attainment evenings which will give you the chance to hear about the ways you can help and support your child with their learning.
Both events will be held in the Street area of the school.
S1: Parent Information Evening
View presentations from S1 Parent Information Evening
S4, S5 & S6: Senior Phase Study Skills Evening
View presentations from Senior Phase Raising Attainment Information Evening
Further details on these events will be made available nearer the time.
In addition, we will have curriculum evenings as follows:
S2 Curriculum Evening –
S3 Curriculum Evening –
S4 Curriculum Evening –
If you would like further information on any of the above, please contact:
Mrs McCormick, Depute Head Teacher, on 01555 773680.
In the National Improvement Framework (Scottish Government, 2016) the two main aims are:
• Excellence through raising attainment: ensuring that every child achieves the highest standards in literacy and numeracy, set out within Curriculum for Excellence levels, and the right range of skills, qualifications and achievements to allow them to succeed; and
• Achieving equity: ensuring every child has the same opportunity to succeed, with a particular focus on closing the poverty-related attainment gap.